Close Menu
SportsNewsUK
    What's Hot

    Bill Haney’s Opponent Excuse Does Not Add Up

    August 21, 2026

    Darragh MacAnthony responds to critics and Cambridge fans in social media outburst

    August 21, 2026

    Arsenal 3-0 Coventry: How the players rated

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    SportsNewsUK
    • Home
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Boxing
    • F1
    • Fixtures
    • Other Sports
      • WWE
      • Rugby
      • Tennis
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • Football Predictions
    SportsNewsUK
    Home - Boxing - Bill Haney’s Opponent Excuse Does Not Add Up
    Boxing

    Bill Haney’s Opponent Excuse Does Not Add Up

    sportsnewsukBy sportsnewsukAugust 21, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Bill Haney’s Opponent Excuse Does Not Add Up
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Add East Side Boxing as a preferred source on Google


    Follow East Side Boxing on Google News

    Reno later pressed him for a direct explanation of the inactivity.

    “What has stopped the Paro fight? What has stopped the Catterall fight from going over the line? Is it money?” Reno asked during the Mr. Verzace podcast. Bill did not provide a reason, returning instead to a running joke involving a bottle of Hunt’s ketchup.

    That exchange was the most revealing part of the lengthy interview.

    Catterall said Devin’s side went quiet after his team accepted the proposed October 3 date and Atlanta location. Paro said his representatives expressed interest in a welterweight unification but never received an offer or reached the point of discussing money.

    Neither man has a financial reason to avoid Devin. A bout with Haney would likely give either one the largest purse of his career. Both have publicly confirmed their interest, yet Bill presented Devin as the fighter struggling to find a willing participant.

    The lack of follow-through suggests the Haneys have little interest in taking another difficult fight while waiting for Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn to settle their September 12 contest. The winner offers far more money than either Paro or Catterall, while remaining inactive protects Devin from losing his place in that discussion.

    Bill relies heavily on Keyshawn Davis to support his claim. Davis reportedly wanted $5 million and declined the roughly $2.1 million produced by the WBO purse bid. That may have been an inflated valuation, but rejecting the money is not proof that he feared Devin. As a former WBO lightweight champion, a 2020 Olympic silver medalist, and a fighter who had already competed twice at light welterweight, Keyshawn had grounds to view the Haney fight as a major event worth more than $2.1 million.

    One financial disagreement does not establish that the welterweight division is avoiding Devin. The experiences of Paro and Catterall point in the opposite direction. Bill was asked why neither fight moved forward, and the man doing all the talking had no answer.

    Youtube video

    add bill Excuse Haneys opponent
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    sportsnewsuk
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Bill Haney’s Riyadh Plan Fails To Deliver Ryan Garcia

    August 21, 2026

    Serrano Vs. Manzur Live Results, Highlights And Round-By-Round Updates

    August 21, 2026

    Amanda Serrano Vs. Lucrecia Manzur Live Results And Fight Updates

    August 21, 2026

    Joshua vs Fury: Anthony Joshua fight doesn’t look like it will happen – Tyson Fury

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Bill Haney’s Opponent Excuse Does Not Add Up

    August 21, 2026

    Darragh MacAnthony responds to critics and Cambridge fans in social media outburst

    August 21, 2026

    Arsenal 3-0 Coventry: How the players rated

    August 21, 2026

    Bill Haney’s Riyadh Plan Fails To Deliver Ryan Garcia

    August 21, 2026
    Latest Posts

    French Open 2026 results: Marta Kostyuk dedicates win to Ukraine after Russian strikes on her homeland

    May 24, 2026

    Rico Verhoeven ‘just turned boxing on its head’

    May 24, 2026

    Asa Tribe: Glamorgan batter staking England claim with Lions share

    May 24, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest sports news from SportsSite about soccer, football and tennis.

    Sports Tip
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer

    © 2026 sportsnewsuk.com. All rights reserved. Designed by SportsNewsUK.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.