Author: sportsnewsuk
The 1994 Commonwealths in Victoria set a new Northern Ireland record for the number of gold medals at a single competition with five, as Johnston claimed a singles title, Neil Sinclair and Jimmy Webb won gold in the ring, while David Calvert and the duo of Tom Hewitt and Samuel Allen were successful in shooting.Calvert would strike again four years later with two golds, one of which came in the pairs event with Martin Millar, and another individual double followed in 2002 in Manchester.The 2010 Games in Dehli are remembered for a hat-trick of boxing golds as Michael Conlan, Paddy…
Manchester United manager Marc Skinner has left his position by mutual consent before the start of the Women’s Super League season. The 43-year-old has been in charge of United for five years and led them to their first major trophy with victory in the Women’s FA Cup final in 2024.He helped them reach the Women’s Champions League group stages for the first time last year, while they finished runners-up in three domestic cup finals.Skinner’s departure comes a month before the start of the season with United set to travel to London City Lionesses on 4 September (19:00 BST).The former Birmingham…
Floyd Schofield Jr. congratulated William Zepeda on winning the vacant WBC lightweight title but rejected the idea that the Mexican pressure fighter has become a different boxer. After watching Zepeda defeat Lamont Roach Jr. on Saturday night, Schofield acknowledged a few defensive improvements while insisting the new champion still relies on the same relentless pressure and punch output. “I think yesterday we seen a little more head slips from him, kind of bouncing on his toes,” Schofield said to MillCity Boxing when discussing Zepeda’s performance. “But if we think about it, he pretty much looks the same, just come forward,…
While the success of Bournemouth and Brighton has been built on impressive recruitment models, Everton’s transfer strategy remains a work in progress. Under previous owner Farhad Moshiri, eight players signed for at least £20m left for nothing. Following several years of limited spending, nine players were then recruited by the Friedkin Group last summer, although a focus on youth has yet to bear fruit. Grealish and Dewsbury-Hall have been successful but 20-year-old winger Tyler Dibling has started only six matches after costing £35m from Southampton.Young left-back Adam Aznou, who joined from Bayern Munich last summer, is still awaiting his Premier…
Ex-footballer Andy Morrison gives further update on battling with severe life-changing condition
Ex-footballer Andy Morrison gives a further update on battling with a severe life-changing condition known as Ramsay Hunt paralysis syndrome. The former Manchester City captain was diagnosed in late February 2026 with Ramsay Hunt syndrome which is rare condition which attacks the facial (cranial) nerve, leading to one-sided facial paralysis, weakness, and other issues. He had said in his videos earlier this year that recovery can take 6–8 weeks or over a year, with around 70% chance of full recovery, and looks to continue fighting through it. UPDATE – APRIL 8TH “So we’re at week seven, just a quick update.…
Terence Crawford predicts a ‘bloodbath’ if William Zepeda faces one world champion next
Terence Crawford is excited about the prospect of William Zepeda potentially facing one man in particular next. Zepeda cemented his status as one of the best 135lb fighters on the planet when he won the vacant WBC lightweight title on Saturday with a unanimous decision victory over Lamont Roach. It saw the Mexican star return to winning ways after a defeat to Shakur Stevenson last year, and hand Roach just the second loss of his professional career, having drawn with Isaac Cruz and Gervonta Davis in his last two bouts. Crawford was in attendance to witness Zepeda’s victory, and speaking…
Antoine Semenyo: Man City forward says Enzo Maresca’s style of play is ‘music to my ears’
Semenyo joined City from Bournemouth for £65m in the January transfer window, with Guardiola fighting off competition from rivals Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea for his signature.The player says interest first came in early December with “a lot of talks” taking place, before he made the decision the following month that he wanted to join City.”I owe them everything to be honest,” Semenyo said of former club Bournemouth. “They helped my Premier League career flourish and obviously the management, the staff behind the scenes, they were all amazing, they made everything so smooth.”Semenyo scored a total of 21 goals…
Trainer Robert Garcia made one thing clear after Top Rank asked fans who Raymond Muratalla should fight next. The new IBF lightweight champion is headed to 140 pounds, and his team wants recognizable opponents. “Anyone at 140! Frank Martin’s with Top Rank now, heard Keyshawn needs a fight now, or anyone ranked high at 140 that will get us a title shot. Line them up,” said Robert on X. The names Garcia chose are revealing. Frank Martin is one of the better-known names at 140 after signing with Top Rank. Keyshawn Davis also brings name recognition despite uncertainty over whether…
Swansea City: Vitor Matos says Premier League always the goal after signing new contract
It was a fifth successive mid-table finish for the Welsh club, who have not mounted a serious promotion push since Steve Cooper’s team were beaten in the 2021 play-off final by Brentford.Having been among the Championship’s biggest spenders in the 2025 close season, Swansea’s hierarchy have once again shown ambition this summer.The club are believe to have spent in the region of £15m on Elijah Just, Joseph Opoku and Moussa Yeo, while Stephen Welsh has signed on a free transfer.They are also working on deals for a left-back and central midfielder and may look to add another centre-back before the…
BREAKING NEWS – Auqib Nabi Replaces Injured Bumrah in India’s Sri Lanka Test Squad, Earns Maiden Call-Up
India’s hopes of keeping its faint World Test Championship final aspirations alive have suffered a major setback, with Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of the two-Test series against Sri Lanka after failing to fully recover from a left knee injury.The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) confirmed on Monday that the premier fast bowler did not receive the required fitness clearance from the Centre of Excellence following the injury he sustained during the ODI series against England. Jammu and Kashmir pacer Auqib Nabi has been named as Bumrah’s replacement, earning his maiden senior India call-up.When the Ajit Agarkar-led selection…
