Author: sportsnewsuk
Indian sports wrap, August 11: Suraj Chand outlasts Menshawy in five-game HCL Squash contest
SQUASHSuraj Chand quells Menshawy challenge in HCL Challenger Tour KolkataFresh from winning the world university singles title, fourth seed Suraj Kumar Chand overcame Egypt’s Hassan Menshawy in a 73-minute-long five-game thriller 11-4, 8-11, 11-2, 9-11, 11-8 in the men’s pre-quarterfinals of the HCL Squash PSA Challenger Tour in Kolkata on Tuesday.In another engrossing five-game contest, Sandhesh Palanivel Ravikumar rallied from 2-0 down to beat sixth seed Ayaan Vaziralli 6-11, 10-12, 11-5, 11-6, 11-7 and advance to the men’s quarters.In women’s, top seed Tanvi Khanna moved to the quarters with a straight-games win over Vasundhara Nangare.Results (pre-quarterfinals, Indians unless specified):Men: 8-Om…
The Hundred 2026 results: Jess Jonassen and Annabel Sutherland help Sunrisers Leeds reach Eliminator with victory over Manchester Super Giants
Trent Rockets await the winner of that match in Sunday’s final at Lord’s.The Sunrisers bowling attack – backed up by some superb fielding – exerted scoreboard pressure despite the best efforts of Grace Scrivens, who top-scored for the Super Giants with 31 off 24 balls.Such was the desperation during their reply that Kathryn Bryce was retired out by the Super Giants after making 15 from 14 balls.Remarkably, it is the second time Bryce has been out this way in The Hundred, having been retired out while playing for the Manchester Originals against Northern Superchargers in August 2024.Former Australia skipper Meg…
“Have the WBO.. I want the IBF,” Haney posted on X. There isn’t much mystery about the target. Paro owns the IBF belt, and both sides have already discussed a unification fight. The timing of Haney’s message is particularly interesting. Paro complained earlier that he had stopped hearing from Haney’s side after making it clear he wanted the fight. “Haney is ducking me,” Paro told Fox Sports Australia. “I’ve said I’m good to fight by the end of October, and we ain’t heard a thing.” Paro also denied that his financial demands were responsible for negotiations failing, saying he was…
Zhang Anda shocked world number three Zhao Xintong with a thrilling 6-5 victory by potting a respotted black ball in round one of the China Open.Zhang, who was down 3-0 in frames, fought back to eventually lead 5-4.However, last year’s world champion Zhao forced a deciding frame that ended in dramatic fashion.”Today was just my day,” Zhang said. “I hope that I can go far [in this tournament], I don’t want them [two pots of the black] again. I was too nervous.”Zhang, ranked 19th in the world, was in control at 57-0 up, but Zhao fought back to lead with…
You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone – is that how Tottenham Hotspur feel about Harry Kane? Not that anyone wasn’t aware of the Englishman’s goalscoring exploits during his time in north London, but Kane’s consistent brilliance has been brought into even sharper focus since his exit three years ago. Indeed, Tottenham’s record scorer has hit 146 goals in just his first 147 games at Bayern Munich, arguably now in Ballon d’Or contention amid his sparkling, prolific form for both club and country. Back at N17, meanwhile, the succession plan hasn’t gone smoothly, amid the woes of Dominic…
“Ryan Garcia, the winner, Conor Benn, Ryan Garcia, that’s what’s going straight right there,” Teofimo Sr. said to Fight Hub TV. “And then if Liam Paro is still around or whoever else it is, man, we’re just going to try to take over the weight division at 147, become undisputed again.” The trainer made his interest in the Garcia-Benn winner clear earlier in the interview. “That’s a good fight. And I think that we’ll take the winner out of that,” he said. “Especially, whoever wins, it’ll be a great fight. Either it’s Ryan, or it’s Conor Benn. And we’re ready…
Paul Pogba is expected to leave Monaco amid talks over a possible contract termination.The former World Cup winner joined the Ligue 1 side last summer after he was permitted to return to professional football after a doping suspension.Pogba signed a two year deal, which was due to run until the end of the forthcoming season.But a source has told the BBC discussions over an early exit are under way and are expected to be concluded soon.Monaco have not yet commented on the situation.Pogba’s first season at Monaco was disrupted by injury but there was hope this season would see the…
Coventry City have re-signed playmaker Gustavo Hamer ahead of their Premier League return. After missing out on promotion to the Premier League in the Championship play-off final in 2023, Hamer left Coventry for Sheffield United. The Brazilian, who scored Coventry’s goal against Luton Town at Wembley in that play-off showdown, before seeing the Sky Blues lose on penalties, made 126 second-tier appearances for the club between 2020 and 2023, scoring 19 goals and providing 22 assists. He played 36 times for Sheffield United in the Premier League in 2023-24, scoring four times and creating six goals. Over the past two…
European Athletics Championships 2026: GB’s Romell Glave and Jeremiah Azu achieve superb 100m one-two
After Amy Hunt celebrated her crowning moment in Monday’s women’s 100m final, Glave and Azu ensured Britain’s continental sprint dominance continued on home soil.Glave has made significant progress this season, breaking the 10-second barrier for the first time in legal conditions to win his first British title in June. He has run sub-10 on six separate occasions, in all conditions, this season – including when he defeated the in-form Jacobs, a surprise Olympic champion five years ago, on his home turf in Italy.That confidence was evident as Glave dominated his semi-final earlier in the evening, and he executed to perfection…
Coventry City interested in signing Chelsea winger Mykhaylo Mudryk on loan, Barcelona still chasing Manchester City midfielder Rodri and Manchester United make a move for Real Madrid striker Endrick.Chelsea are prepared to sanction a loan move for 25-year-old Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, with Coventry City one of three Premier League clubs interested. (Football London), externalBarcelona are hopeful of signing Manchester City and Spain midfielder Rodri, 30, by lodging a second bid worth £51.3m. (Times), externalInter Milan are in talks with Tottenham over a deal to sign England right-back Djed Spence for 30m euros (£25.6m), with the 26-year-old keen to move…
