Close Menu
SportsNewsUK
    What's Hot

    Ben Whittaker Leads Birmingham Card Against Conor Wallace

    August 18, 2026

    Everton join the race for Delap alternative with 11 Premier League goals in 2025-26

    August 18, 2026

    US Open 2026: Venus Williams, 46, given singles wildcard along with Sloane Stephens and Stan Wawrinka

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    SportsNewsUK
    • Home
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Boxing
    • F1
    • Fixtures
    • Other Sports
      • WWE
      • Rugby
      • Tennis
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • Football Predictions
    SportsNewsUK
    Home - WWE - The Rock Questioning Hollywood Future After Live-Action Moana’s Box Office Failure
    WWE

    The Rock Questioning Hollywood Future After Live-Action Moana’s Box Office Failure

    Sports News UKBy Sports News UKAugust 18, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    The Rock Questioning Hollywood Future After Live-Action Moana’s Box Office Failure
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Rock isn’t brushing off Moana’s disappointing box office performance. After building much of his Hollywood reputation around delivering massive hits, Dwayne Johnson is said to be taking this one personally—and questioning what comes next.

    According to RadarOnline, Johnson has been rethinking his upcoming projects and career decisions after the $250 million live-action Moana opened to just $95 million worldwide. One Hollywood insider claimed losing isn’t something The Rock handles particularly well.

    “Dwayne has built his entire identity around winning. When a movie underperforms, he takes it incredibly personally.”

    And apparently, this one has him doing considerably more than looking at the box office numbers and moving on. Another source claimed Johnson is now reassessing the choices he’s making in Hollywood.

    “The Rock is questioning every decision, every project and every move.”

    The concern comes after Moana arrived considerably below the $130 million worldwide opening that had been projected. The movie earned $43 million domestically and $52 million internationally for a $95 million global start despite carrying one of Disney’s biggest production budgets of the summer.

    That wasn’t supposed to happen with this particular franchise. The animated Moana 2 crossed $1 billion worldwide less than two years earlier, while the first trailer for Johnson’s live-action remake pulled in 182 million views during its first 24 hours. Johnson was also returning as Maui after voicing the character in the animated movies.

    Instead, Deadline previously estimated that the remake could lose between $100 million and $125 million during its first cycle, even if it eventually reaches $250 million worldwide.

    Now the conversation has reached Johnson’s own standing in Hollywood. One studio executive told RadarOnline that what happens next could go a long way toward determining whether The Rock continues occupying the same position he’s enjoyed for years.

    “The next few projects will determine whether he remains Hollywood’s biggest star for the next decade.”

    The Rock has survived box-office misses before, but Moana was supposed to be considerably safer than most of them. It came with Disney behind it, a billion-dollar franchise and Johnson returning to one of his most recognizable roles.

    Instead, its opening has him questioning everything from the projects he’s choosing to the moves he makes next. The next movie was always going to matter. After Moana, it may matter considerably more.

    What do you think of The Rock reportedly taking Moana’s box office performance personally? Do you think his drawing power in Hollywood is actually slipping? Let us know in the comments below.

    [ad_1

    box failure future Hollywood LiveAction Moanas office questioning Rock
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Sports News UK
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Lola Vice Exits AAA As WWE Main Roster Debut Looms

    August 18, 2026

    Chad Gable Defeats Rey Mysterio, Wins First WWE Men’s IC Title Defense On Raw

    August 18, 2026

    Oba Femi vs. Bron Breakker Set for WWE Sunday Night’s Main Event

    August 18, 2026

    Victoria Crawford Feels Grateful For Time With TNA

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Ben Whittaker Leads Birmingham Card Against Conor Wallace

    August 18, 2026

    Everton join the race for Delap alternative with 11 Premier League goals in 2025-26

    August 18, 2026

    US Open 2026: Venus Williams, 46, given singles wildcard along with Sloane Stephens and Stan Wawrinka

    August 18, 2026

    Anthony Joshua-Tyson Fury would be approved as WBC eliminator

    August 18, 2026
    Latest Posts

    French Open 2026 results: Marta Kostyuk dedicates win to Ukraine after Russian strikes on her homeland

    May 24, 2026

    Rico Verhoeven ‘just turned boxing on its head’

    May 24, 2026

    Asa Tribe: Glamorgan batter staking England claim with Lions share

    May 24, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest sports news from SportsSite about soccer, football and tennis.

    Sports Tip
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer

    © 2026 sportsnewsuk.com. All rights reserved. Designed by SportsNewsUK.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.